Colophon
The loose 'Eckythump' and 'black pudding' themes come from the Goodies and Ripping Yarns and are probably beyond explanation to the unenlightened. All I'll say on the matter is "It were always raining in Denley Moor...I remember that...'cept on days when it were fine" and leave it at that. 'Nuff said.
I liked Douglas Bowman's standard Minima template, as provided by Blogger, so much that I have done very little to change it. Fonts are Georgia and Trebuchet.
For HTML editing and playing about I use the excellent (and free) First Page 2000 and Notepad.
The Dynamic HTML menu was created in CoffeeCup Free DHTML Menu Builder. It's a little clunky but works well and it is free. I quite like Blogger, but it's not much good at things like Categories which MovableType does so well. So my menu links here take you to sub-pages which contain a lot of hard-coded HTML links, and I maintain those sub-pages every time I post to the main blog. It's tedious, but not complicated. If anyone wants to know more about how this was all done, I'm happy to post about it or answer questions.
For graphics editing I use Paint Shop Pro 7 and sometimes Adobe Photoshop CS. Images are captured with my fantastic Nikon D70, and prior to that with a little Nikon Coolpix 2100.
I use Flikr for photo storage, which I like over the more common Hello system. I track my site visits with StatCounter which is the most comprehensive free tool I have found and doesn't insist upon having a counter displayed.
And most importantly, I browse with Firefox!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home